Dr. John R. Pappas is passionate about providing quality oral surgery to patients in need, and helping them obtain stronger and healthier smiles. He has been a board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon for over 30 years, and is proud to be a member of the team at Santa Rosa and Rohnert Park Oral Surgery.
Dr. Pappas was born and raised in Vallejo, CA. He received his Doctor of Dental Surgery from University of the Pacific in San Francisco and was valedictorian of the class of 1983. Upon completing Dental School, Dr. Pappas entered a four-year residency in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at the Long Beach VA/UC Irvine Medical Centers. After finishing this residency, he completed Medical School at University of Southern California, receiving a Doctor of Medicine degree. While in medical school, Dr. Pappas worked as a full scope Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon for two groups in Southern California.
In 1991, he completed the requirements to become Board Certified by the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (ABOMS). Then in 1992, Dr. Pappas moved to Napa and purchased a practice from a retiring oral surgeon and later opened a satellite office in the city of Sonoma. Along with a partner, he managed these practices and helped them expand, until finally deciding to sell the remaining practice in early 2020. Dr. Pappas then joined the team at Santa Rosa and Rohnert Park Oral Surgery.
Dr. Pappas has been happily married for nearly 38 years, and has four children and six grandchildren.
When not in the office, he enjoys a number of interests, hobbies, and projects. Dr. Pappas is passionate about providing high quality oral surgery, and loves interacting with people and solving their oral health problems.
- Undergraduate: Napa Junior College 1976-1977 & University of the Pacific BA 1977-1980
- University of the Pacific DDS 1980-1983
- University of California Irvine, Long Beach VA Medical Center 1983-1987 Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Residency
- University of Southern California MD 1987-1991
- University of California, Irvine, Long Beach VA Medical Center 1991-1992
- Department of Medicine and Surgery
- St. Francis School of Law JD 2016-2020
- National Board of Dental Examiners
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- Diplomate American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Napa-Solano Dental Society
- Napa-Solano Medical Society
- California Dental Association
- California Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons